Roll Play will be serving up major, major noms at the Only in Queens Summer Festival on June 26th, 2016 from 1 PM - 8:30 PM. Come play with us and celebrate the great borough of Queens! Tickets are free (registration required) and bring cash for your food urges ;). More info here: Only in Queens Summer Festival.
Music, food and fun in the park are what New York summers are made of, and we’re proud to bring it all together this June at the "Only in Queens" Summer Festival. Bring your entire family and friends to explore some of the very best of "The World’s Borough" right at your fingertips.
Admission is FREE and open to the public.
Presented by Queens Borough President Melinda Katz, in partnership with NYC Parks, NYC & Company Foundation, Delta Air Lines, TD Bank, New York Daily News, Vio/K Marketing Group and Resorts World Casino New York City.
The “Only in Queens” Summer Festival will feature a SummerStage NYC outdoor concert in partnership with the City Parks Foundation beginning at 4:30 PM at the Festival Site in the park with performances by:
hip hop group KID 'N PLAY
singer/actor TRISTAN "MACK" WILDS of the HBO drama “The Wire” and the CW series “90210”
R&B singer GINUWINE
music by Queens native DJ CAMILO of Hot 97
The “Only in Queens” Summer Festival will also offer a wide range of activities for people of all ages, including:
- Performances by The Queens Cartoonist at 1pm, Radio Jarocho at 1:45pm, Kumbakin at 2:30pm, FJ Music at 3:15pm and Zikrayat at 4pm;
- Guided tours of the New York State Pavilion’s Tent of Tomorrow, the Queens Library Mobile Unit, the Queens Theatre and the Queens Museum;
- Family-friendly fun including cultural performances, face painting, inflatable bounce houses, a Delta Lines Scavenger Hunt, activities run by the United States Tennis Association - USTA (Official), and an appearance by Mr. Met;
- Food and craft vendors offering a variety of international cuisine and merchandise for sale;
- Exhibits of memorabilia from the original 1939-40 and 1964-65 World’s Fairs, classic cars and a boat from the annual Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival in New York;
- Virtual reality demonstrations by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, the group People For the Pavilion and Queens-based RPGA Studio, Inc. as part of the international ideas competition currently underway to solicit imaginative and creative public input for how the New York State Pavilion can best be adapted for public reuse.
Funding for the SummerStage concert comes from the Flushing Meadows Corona Park Improvement Fund, administered by City Comptroller Scott Stringer, Borough President Katz and NYC Parks.
This year’s “Only in Queens” Summer Festival follows two successful World’s Fair Anniversary Festivals, held in 2014 and 2015 in celebration of the 75th anniversary of the 1939-40 World’s Fair and the 50th anniversary of the 1964-1965 World’s Fair, and organized by the World’s Fair Anniversary Committee (co-chaired by Borough President Katz and State Assemblymember Margaret Markey) in collaboration with NYC Parks.
For more information, go to www.queensbp.org/onlyinqueens
Sunday, June 26, 2016 from 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EDT) - Add to Calendar
Flushing Meadows Corona Park - Queens, NY - View Map